- Security and Economic Issues extend to every inch of the globe.
- When countries won’t support land-based military operations, we can depend on Naval platforms.
- Latest CBO estimates suggest the annual SCN Budget should be $21 Billion.
- Numbers matter: We need ships to be in multiple locations at once, and that requires more ships.
- Fewer ships also means increased maintenance on the ones deployed, and longer deployments for sailors.
The Navy League Recommends:
- SCN budget of $21 Billion or greater
- Funding the Ohio Replacement program outside the SCN account as authorized to avoid budget disruptions and recognize this program as a national asset